• Consumer discretionary saw a significant impact due to Covid and home automation space has been no exception.
• However, the long-term growth prospect of this sector remains intact, given factors such as improved lifestyle, increase in disposable income of people, and surge in awareness about smart automated systems which are expected to boost the adoption of home automation products.
• Home automation has its roots in smart home appliances which have over the years led to the development of integrated smart homes.
• Home automation today largely consists of four functional segments — Lighting, Security, Audio/Video and HVAC (Heating, Ventilating and Air Conditioning).
• Lighting and security are top-selling products in the home automation space, accounting for 80–85% of the market. Lighting is the largest component of the residential market while security is the largest component of the commercial market.
Negating the impact of Covid
Given the expertise of the Founders in the IoT domain, they are also working with large enterprises and helping them in building their IoT platforms with a specific focus on software developments. This has helped them to negate the impact of Covid to a great extent while they continue to work on developing new product features and upgradations in their existing product portfolio.
Rationale for Investment
· Strong background of Founders — Both the Co-founders have done their education from IIT-Guwahati and understand technology very well and have invested over 8 years in building this business.
· Superior range of products — Having tried their products ourselves and also that of the competitors, we clearly see that Cubical has built excellent range of products (and technology) that are very competitively priced.
In creating reliable, inexpensive and high-quality solutions to control and secure the home with a minimum human effort, Cubical proves its potential as a major player in the home automation market. And apart from setting the benchmarks for its competitors, the company endeavors to be among the top key player in the IoT industry with the vision of ‘Intelligent Homes, Smarter Living’.
The above report has been prepared by Rockstud Capital LLP (“Investment Manager”) for informational purposes only and is subject to change without notice. The delivery of the report does not imply that the information contained herein is correct as of any time subsequent to the date specified in the contents of the Information. The financials in the above report are intentionally not mentioned due to confidentiality reasons.
To know more about Rockstud Capital, visit www.rockstudcap.com